On April 22nd Americans all over the country will partake in various efforts to help conserve the environment in celebration of Earth Day, and if you’ve been looking for ways to go green consider starting with your landscape. A few of the simple ways you can go green in your landscape include, but aren’t limited to:
- Planting all or a majority of native plants instead of those of exotic species.
- Conserving water by harvesting rainwater, xeriscaping, or watering only when necessary.
- Using mulch around plants to prevent weeds and hold water.
- Composting to fertilize your landscape with natural nutrition.
- Leaving clippings on your lawn or using them as mulch.
- Restricting your use of pesticides.
- Strategically placing plants to reduce the heating and cooling costs of your home.
For help getting started or maintaining your landscape with eco-friendly practices contact Phase One Landscapes at 303-750-6060 if you are in the Denver, CO area.